Message given – live worship service
Hebrew Reading: Psalm 23
Point form of the message shared today followed by my Mind Map:
- Palm Sunday but no palms, no parade
- No grand celebrations
- No one singing or shouting Hosannas – no one saying “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord
- Perhaps we are still shouting, “Hosanna”
- Save me, save us during this time of sheltering at home
In times of fear or distress, in times of needing comfort and hope we often turn to the 23rd Psalm.
- Beautiful imagery
- Green pastures
- Calm still waters
- The protection of the rod and staff
- We can picture the table – filled with blessings
- We can picture the over-flowing cup
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me – surely, for sure, for certain – our hope is steadfast in this knowledge.
Dwelling in God’s house forever.
- the promise that Jesus gives us – in my Father’s house there are many rooms
- We dwell in God’s house
- At home
- In our communities
- Eventually in our church buildings once again
Regardless of our levels of fear, concern, or even boredom we have faith in the Good Shepherd who cares for us – always and forever.
Be confident in your Hosannas!
- Not only today, Palm Sunday but every day
- God hears our cries, our prayers both, in dark times but also in our joys.
So yes, Hosanna! Hosanna! Hosanna!